mandag 2. april 2012

kryssklypp

Vyrke:
I The Importance of Being Earnest (O. Wilde)
II Travesties (T. Stoppard)

I
Jack: If you don't take care, your friend Bunbury will get you into a serious scrape some day.
Algernon: I love scrapes. They are the only things that are never serious.
Jack: Oh, that's nonsense, Algy. You never talk anything but nonsense.
Algernon: Nobody ever does.

II
Tzara: Of, what nonsense you talk!
Carr: It may be nonsense, but at least it is clever nonsense.
Tzara: I am sick of cleverness. In point of fact, everything is Chance.
Carr: That sounds awfully clever. What does it mean?
Tzara: It means, my dear Henry, that the causes we know everything about depend on causes we know very little about, which depend on causes we know absolutely nothing about. And it is the duty of the artist to jeer and howl and belch at the delusion that infinite generations of real effects can be inferred from the gross expression of apparent cause.
Carr: It is the duty of the artist to beautify existence.
Tzara (Articulately): Dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada.
Carr (Slight pause): Oh, what nonsense you talk!
Tzara: It may be nonsense, but at least it's not clever nonsense.

I
Jack: Oh, that's nonsense!
Algernon: It isn't!
Jack: Well, I won't argue about the matter. You always want to argue about things.
Algernon: That is exactly what things were originally made for.
Jack: Upon my word, if I thought that, I'd shoot myself ... (A pause.) You don't think there is any chance of Gwendolen becoming like her mother in about a hundred and fifty years, do you, Algy?
Algernon: All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
Jack: Is that clever?
Algernon: It is perfectly phrased and quite as true as any observation in civilized life should be.
Jack: I'm sick to death of cleverness. Everybody is clever nowadays. You can't go anywhere without meeting clever people. The thing has become an absolute public nuisance. I wish to goodness we had a few fools left.
Algernon: We have.
Jack: I should extremely like to meet them. What do they talk about?
Algernon: The fools? Oh! about the clever people, of course.
Jack: What fools!


[Maybe to be continued...]

4 kommentarer:

Silje W. sa...

De var forut for sin tid, disse dekadente.

fridtun sa...

I love 'em! Herre, eg sat og flirde og flirde då eg las Wilde (Ingvild sa det var lurt å lesa det stykket fyrr Travesties), og jaggu flirer eg med Stoppard òg! Serleg av dadaisten.

Zeugma sa...

Hehe, morosame greier. Det er jo ein aforisme per setning hjå Wilde.

fridtun sa...

Just det! Eg elskar den mannen.